Thursday, December 20, 2012

The End Of The World

Today is the 20th of December 2012. And according to the Mayans, tomorrow shall be the day where the human apocalypse happens. There are mixed feelings about this. Some people are sure that this is true, and in attempt to make their last night count, they're out partying the night away. I was even invited to an 'End Of The World' party but I thought it was such a ridiculous idea for a party, so I ditched it and I'm at home blogging about it. Ironic much. And there are some people who just don't give a rat's ass and they're just continuing with their lives.

Where do I stand, you may ask. Or you might not. But I'm going to tell you anyway.

When I first saw that God-awful movie '2012' I thought this is such a stupid movie I can't even. This movie is wrong on so many levels. Firstly, how is it that John Cusack (whatever his stupid name was in the movie) survived every single catastrophe that was  happening around him, in a freaking limo. Secondly, what the movie was trying to tell us is that if you're rich, even you can survive the apocalypse. And to this I say, what the F***! It's called an apocalypse for a reason, you dumb-twat! No one survives an apocalypse! Thirdly, who the heck are Mayans and why are we listening to them? This makes no sense!

But that was what I thought when I was 18. So young, so naive.

Now I'm 21. Of course, I have a much more mature mind set. So you're probably wondering if I believe in the end? I didn't. Right until precisely a week ago. So what made me change my mind?

Firstly, I was watching a documentary where a group of scientists discussed the possibility of the world ending tomorrow. After about 2 hours of discussion, the verdict was it's highly possible! What! I was so flabbergasted by this. Of course I have to believe the scientists, being a man of science myself. But I tried to brush it off. Oh well. 

Then I wasn't feeling very happy about this whole thing so I did some research. Typed it on Google, just like everybody else would. And after a few hours of reading numerous articles and blogs, I was convinced. I was going to die. Then I realised I haven't done anything with my life. How pathetic. I was going to die a virgin. Ha-ha. I'm sure I'm not the only one. *wink*

But now, when the end seems so near, I don't think it will end. More like I hope it won't end. I mean, I know the Earth wasn't meant to last forever. But that's the thing, nothing lasts forever. We are all going to die and that's the inevitable truth. So that doesn't mean we have to sit and cry about it? No. It's not about the destination (which is probably coffins and cemeteries lol) it's about the journey. And the journey is what makes life amazing. So as long as your heart keeps beating, you're alive and be grateful about it and for God's sake, quit whining

That's what I think, even though I might be so wrong. Let's just see what happens tomorrow :)












No comments:

Post a Comment