Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New Year Resolutions

2012 is coming to an end in about 12 days. Unless the apocalypse happens on the 21st and kill us all.
It's a good thing, everyone always looks forward to a new beginning. Let bygones be bygones and start over. That's the magic of The New Years. No matter how much you screw up 2012, you get to start all over again on the 1st of January. And like every single human being in this world, I too have a few things I would like to accomplish during 2013, you probably would've guessed that by the title of the blog. Unless you're a moron., if you are, you would probably enjoy my blog.

1. Be a nicer person

I'm not saying I'm a bitch or anything, but the world could do with more nicer people. In all my existence, 2012 is probably the year where I got angry the most and lashed at people. I should probably get that under control. I lost some friends along the way, but that isn't how life should be. It should be all sparkly and glittery, with double rainbows and unicorns. LOL

2. Smile more

I smile and laugh a lot. Like probably a little too much, sometimes even at my own jokes. I'm not crazy.
But in this bitter, miserable world, isn't it nice to have a few laughs? Smile at a stranger maybe, that wouldn't be creepy at all. Even if you're sad, always smile, because you'' never know who is falling in love with your smile.

3. Hug more

Ah yes, my friends know I hate hugging. I don't even hug my parents. But sometimes when you're down, a hug could make it all better. So from now, I'm gonna hug all my friends. Yes, every single one of you. Unless your boobs are as big as mine, then you know we'll have an awkward moment there but oh well. A friend of mine once told me I look like Oprah, so a big cuddly hug from me can cure all your problems!

4. Take care of myself.

Jesus, I'm probably the worst doctor-to-be ever, I never do anything to take care of myself! Most of the times I just fall asleep at night before brushing my teeth because I'm so fucking lazy but that all has to change.
 I'm going to eat healthier and exercise more. Maybe not like a marathon, should start with more badminton or something fun like that.

5. Be a better medical student

I'm probably the worst medical student alive. Yes, I get through exams pretty well but that isn't what the Medical line is about. I should be constantly reading, sharing facts with my colleagues lol I said colleagues
and enriching myself with new exciting information. Instead, I sit with my laptop all day and watch re-runs of The Big Bang Theory. That shit has got to stop. All my friends are so hardworking, why can't I be more like them?

6. Spend more quality time with my friends and family.

 I spend a lot of time with them, so I want to emphasize the word quality. Because I'm the queen of crap, I crap a lot to my friends and family and we all end up laughing most of the time. But life isn't about crap. It's about all the meaningful conversations and heartfelt expressions of feeling and all that shit. So from now on, say something meaningful to each other.

7. Pray more

Ah yes, I used to be religious believe it or not. Now I rarely do it. I don't know what happened, life maybe got in the way. But this must change. He has always been there for me, so it's about time I give Him my thanks. And I should probably read The Bible more. I used to read it everyday last time. Damn, Vani you became bad to worse.

8. And lastly, blog more

Hahaha. I only blogged 6 times this year. I always wanted to be like a food blogger, I probably should. I went to eat at some fancy places before, might as well blog about it. And instead of yelling at people, I might as well yell here.

So that's it. My New Year Resolutions. I hope I can do all of these. Hope is such a beautiful word isn't it? Let me know what you want to accomplish in 2013! Till next time.

                                                                                                                                                  Love, Vani







No comments:

Post a Comment